The Alabama Institute for Education in the Arts is a statewide, multi-arts organization dedicated to bringing about change in education for all Alabama children by providing training programs for educators in comprehensive arts education
This mission is achieved by providing:
• annual Institutes offering training across all arts disciplines for general classroom teachers, arts specialists and community arts advocates.
• an annual Administrators’ Leadership Institute.
• SuperDay free follow-up sessions (3-4) each year for AIEA participants.
• classroom site visits to Institute and SuperDay participants.
• trained Teaching Artists for arts residencies in Alabama schools.
• arts education workshops to organizations and schools throughout the state.
• advocacy for arts education initiatives throughout the state.