The mission of the Alabama Institute for Education in the Arts is to improve the quality of life for Alabama’s children by providing intensive professional development in comprehensive and integrated arts for all educators.
This mission is achieved by providing:
• annual Institutes offering training across all arts disciplines for general classroom teachers, arts specialists and community arts advocates.
• an annual Administrators’s Leadership Institute.
• annual Integrated Curriculum Design workshops.
• SuperSaturday follow-up sessions each year for AIEA partner schools.
• classroom site visits of Institute and Integrated Curriculum Design participants.
• trained Teaching Artists for arts residencies in Alabama schools.
• arts education workshops to organizations and schools throughout the state.
• advocacy for arts education initiatives throughout the state.